It never turns out exactly like the original. Never.
See Miss Kindergarten is über-talented. So, her project rocked.
Mine was kind of muddy.
We built a pig today. Yep, it happened a few times today.
Everything we needed was in here to build a pig.
So, it was kind of like shopping Target's Dollar Spot.
I had everything else at home.
Next, I cut out pink and black felt.
I used tape, peel & stick magnets, peel & stick google eyes and a pink pipe cleaner.
Tape because I taped on the curly tail to the pig body.
I cut out a few other pieces.
Then put all the pig parts in the polka dot bag.
Today, I read the sweeties some pig books.
I had a few other spare piggy books just in case.
PreK and K are doing something totally different this week.
Sweeties were very, very interested in building the pig.
So, first we built a pig by identifying the pig parts.
Remember how I said magnets were necessary?
Because the pig stuck to our easel!
And the felt sticks to felt!
So, you only need a little bit of magnet.
I like a lot of magnet.
You can judge how much magnet you need.
Then, really quick you disassemble the pig.
Put the pig parts in the bag. Do it fast.
Then, I announced we would build a pig again.
They did not have much of a chance to criticize my freehand pig, so they were totally game for a second pig.
So, I asked them questions.
Every time, without fail, they answered a question correctly.....they got a pig part.
The face had the google eyes attached. That was a 3 question pig part.
The body had the curly tail attached. That was a 2 question pig part.
We built the pig again.
If they missed a question, a friend did get help them.
Because my pig had enough problems without missing parts!
Next, we did a little pig fact and opinion work from our TpT store.
Hope your week is awesome!