How's your week going? My district observed Veterans Day, and a four-day week always throws me a little off. I woke up this morning thinking, "I forgot to plan for Life Skills!" Please tell me I'm not the only person that happens to. To top it off, Life Skills is at a brand-new campus, so I transport most of my materials there on an as-needed basis. Which meant I would have to stop at one school and get to another by 7:15 a.m. I love my Ford Focus, but it's not a time travel machine.
For some reason, I thought of an activity a co-worker did with the OT called Smash & Smell. I have plenty of spices in my cabinet, so I grabbed a few fall spices, crossed my fingers, and headed off. Here is what I ended up with - 5 spices and a quick recording sheet:
here's a free Smash & Smell recording sheet. You'll have to add the crust.
Thanksgiving Smash & Smell Supplies:
* spices such as allspice, cinnamon, cloves, thyme, sage, ginger or nutmeg
* glue stick
* white paper or paper plate segmented into a "pie"
* extra piece of paper
Thanksgiving Smash & Smell Directions:
* make a circle of glue with the glue stick in each "slice"
* sprinkle spices on the glue dots (it doesn't take much)
* lay another piece of paper on top of the pie and smash down with hands
* lift off paper (can be reused) and shake off excess spices
* sniff and pick out favorites and yuckies
Thanks for taking a look!